2020 Medicare Insurance Open Enrollment
The 2020 Medicare annual open enrollment will run from October 15, 2019 through December 7, 2019. If you apply on time, the new Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug plans will start on January 1, 2020. This is the time to review your existing Medicare insurance coverage and potentially switch plans.
Medicare Supplements plans F and F High Deductible will not be available anymore for new members with effective date 1/1/2020 and beyond.
All the Aetna's Medicare prescription drug plans will be
automatically converted to WellCare on 1/1/2020.
You are welcome to
ask for a quote,
apply on-line or
contact us for a free and confidential review of your current plan,
or to check for new Medicare insurance.
Cost saving tips for Health and Medicare insurance
The Open Enrollment dates are limited. You must apply on time to secure the new
coverage on January 1 2020, or you may keep the current plan
What to review and what is included in Medicare
By default, the current Medicare plans will automatically renewed in
2020, but the benefit will be updated.
The renewed plans may have a new premium, new deductible and a new
schedule of benefits.
All the Aetna's Medicare prescription plans will be automatically
converted to WellCare plans on 1/1/2020.
This annual open enrollment is your chance to review and change your
Medicare advantage and Prescription Drug plans, to better fit your needs in 2020.
- Insurance companies change their prescription
drug formularies annually. You may find that a current prescribed medication
will not be available on the 2020 formulary, has been replaced with a generic drug, or the dose you need is no longer approved.
- Review your 2020 Medicare insurance's
deductible, copays, premium, out of pocket maximum, drug pricing, and all the
expected expenses for the 2020 plan year. Check if your pharmacy will continue to be preferred for your prescription drug plan to get the most economical price for your medications
- During the Medicare annual Open Enrollment (October 15, 2019 through December 7, 2019)
you may switch your Medicare Advantage and/or RX-PDP plans without going
through underwriting. The new Medicare insurance plans will start on January 1,
- Medicare Supplement plans (Medi-Gap) like plan
F, plan G and other plans may be switched at any time. Medicare Supplement plans
are guaranteed to be approved if enrolled within 6 months of the part B
effective date. For most, this occurs at age 65. If enrollment is attempted
after the 6 months, the approval is not guaranteed. Some states, like NY, has a
mandatory acceptance regulation at any time.
- Medicare Special Open Enrollments may be granted outside of the regular Open Enrollment period due to life events such as: loss of group health insurance, permanent move to another service area, the insurance company terminating your plans, or other events..
- A prescription plan (Part D - PDP) may be included within Medicare Advantage plans (MAPD), however, it is not included with Medicare Supplement plans. A Medicare Part D plan may be purchased separately on its own or in addition to a Medicare Supplement plan and certain Medicare Advantage plans.
- In most cases, Dental and Vision plans may be purchased separately. Some Medicare Advantage plans include basic Dental and Vision services, mainly providing annual checkups and cleaning.
What if I do not apply on time?
- If Medicare is not purchased when you’re first eligible or during a special open enrollment, then approval may not be guaranteed, and a higher premium may result.
International travel insurance for seniors with Medicare
Dental and Vision Insurance for seniors
Service number: 301-816-9079
Serving areas: CA, DC, FL, MD, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA