2019 Medicare Insurance Open Enrollment
The Medicare annual Open Enrollment will run from October 15, 2018 through December 7, 2018. If you apply on time, the new Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug plans will start on January 1, 2019. This is the time to review your existing Medicare insurance coverage and potentially switch plans.
You are welcome to
ask for a quote,
apply on-line or
contact us for a free and confidential review of your current plan,
or to check for new Medicare insurance.
Cost saving tips for Health and Medicare insurance
The Open Enrollment dates are limited. You must apply on time to secure the new
coverage on January 1 2019, or you may keep the current plan
What to review and what is included in Medicare
By default, the current Medicare plans will automatically continue in
2019. The renewed plans may have a new premium and a new schedule of
benefits, a new deductible and other changes.
This annual open enrollment is your chance to review and change your
Medicare advantage and Prescription Drug plans, to better fit your needs in 2019.
Medicare Supplement plans may be switched at any time.
- Insurance companies change their prescription drug formularies annually. You may find that a current prescribed medication will not be available on the 2019 formulary, has been replaced with a generic drug, or the dose you need is no longer approved.
- Review your 2019 Medicare insurance's deductible, copays, premium, out of pocket maximum, drug pricing, and all the expected expenses for the 2019 plan year. Check if your pharmacy will continue to be preferred for your prescription drug plan to get the most economical price for your medications
- During the Medicare annual Open Enrollment (October 15, 2018 through December 7, 2018) you may switch your Medicare Advantage and/or RX-PDP plans without going through underwriting. The new Medicare insurance plans will start on January 1, 2019.
- Medicare Supplement plans (Medi-Gap) like plan F, plan G and other plans may be switched at any time. Medicare Supplement plans are guaranteed to be approved if enrolled within 6 months of the part B effective date. For most this occurs at age 65. If enrollment is attempted after the 6 months, the approval is not guaranteed.
- Medicare Special Open Enrollments may be granted outside of the regular Open Enrollment period due to life events such as: loss of group health insurance, permanent move to another service area, the insurance company terminating your plans, or other events..
- A prescription plan (Part D - PDP) may be included within Medicare Advantage plans (MAPD), however, it is not included with Medicare Supplement plans. A Medicare Part D plan may be purchased separately on its own or in addition to a Medicare Supplement plan and certain Medicare Advantage plans.
- In most cases, Dental and Vision plans may be purchased separately. Some Medicare Advantage plans include basic Dental and Vision services, mainly providing annual checkups and cleaning.
What if I do not apply on time?
- If Medicare is not purchased when you’re first eligible or during a special open enrollment, then approval may not be guaranteed, and a higher premium may result.
International travel insurance for seniors with Medicare
Dental and Vision Insurance for seniors
Service number: 301-816-9079
Serving areas: CA, DC, FL, MD, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA